The Ambala police have registered a case and started a probe into the incident of two students of Government Senior Secondary School, Mohri Bhanokheri, Ambala, sustaining burn injuries after boiling pulses spilled over them.
According to information, Ajay (13) and Ashwini (13), students of class VIII and VII, respectively, of the school, were asked to bring a cooker in which pulses could be prepared for midday meal. Ajay stumbled, fell down with the cooker and sustained burn injuries on the face while Ashwini suffered burns on the legs.
The school management allegedly tried to hush-up the matter and didn’t inform the higher authorities.
Gurdev Singh, a member of the Child Welfare Committee, said, “We have recorded the statement of Ajay. He informed us that the woman, who prepares midday meal, asked them to bring a cooker so that pulses could be served.
Ajay fell down and sustained burn injuries on the face. It came to our notice that there was no facility of first aid in the school. We have come to know that students are regularly asked to perform such tasks”.
“Even after the incident, teachers didn’t inform their parents. Later Ajay was taken to a doctor in the village but he didn’t get much relief. On Tuesday, he was admitted to a private hospital in Ambala City.
The school management has shown negligence, as it failed to provide timely medical attention to the children and didn’t inform the higher authorities. The Child Welfare Committee has sought strict action against them. The Juvenile Justice Board, Ambala, has also sent a letter to the police for appropriate action in the case,” he added.
Prabjhot Singh, DC, said, “It is criminal negligence on the part of the school staff. Negligence on the part of the principal, midday meal in charge and the helper have come to out notice. A departmental inquiry has been ordered against them, besides directions given for registration of a case. PK Das, Additional Chief Secretary, Education Department, has been informed about the incident”.
“We have talked to doctors. The children are out of danger and they will be back to normal in three or four days. We were more concerned about Ajay as he sustained burns on the face. Fortunately, the burns are superficial and the swelling diminished soon,” he added.
Meanwhile, Ajay’s parents (Rani and Ramkumar) said, “We want good medical care for our child”.
There is no use finding fault with the EVMs now when the party leadership committed a historic blunder with regard to the overall strategy in the elections. First, it should look within to find out reasons that stopped AAP’s march to power,” Chandigarh-based The Tribune quoted Mann as saying.
24 Jul 2018
25 Jul 2018